The primary responsibility of the Citylight Kids Director is to oversee the spiritual needs of birth through 5th grade primarily on Sunday mornings.
Summary of Priorities in order:
Kids - Provide a safe and fun discipleship space for every kid where they are learning about Jesus.
Volunteers - Full and healthy teams.
Families/Parents - Equip families when available.
Citylight Kids On Sunday mornings:
- Responsible for ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through fifth grade.
- Provide Christ-centered theological curriculum (Gospel Project).
- Pioneer a Sunday morning culture of discipleship spaces for Kids.
- Continually be a learner and become an expert in gospel centered kids ministry.
- Regularly cast vision (written, media, spoken) for Citylight Kids.
- Communicate regularly with parents concerning family discipleship and Sunday morning CLK needs.
- Invite disciples into being disciple makers and further develop gifts through the ministry of CLK ( i.e. coaching, sending, training etc.).
- Create a culture of hospitality, being creative in welcoming new parents and kids
Kids SERVE team (volunteers):
- Recruit, train, and empower a full and healthy Kids Serve Team. A team serving with joy and energy.
- Identify and invest in top-level CLK leaders (coaches and staff) on a regular basis
- Encourage, Affirm, Oversee and advocate the involvement of parents serving.
- Develop teachers, leaders, and grow a team so all classrooms are fully staffed every Sunday.
- Provide a thorough onboarding process which includes applications, background checks, training, and creating a safe environment for Kids.
- Establish thorough training policies and procedures.
- Build a culture that celebrates volunteers - Appreciation parties, etc. Show value, appreciation, thank you notes. Give rest when needed.
- Hold Family Sundays 4-5 Sundays of the year during strategic times to promote multi-generation worship and family worship. Citylight Kids space still provided for kids age birth - 5 years old. Older kids will be in the gathered church.
- Serve in whatever ways necessary to best help families meet, imitate and share Jesus.
Lead Yourself and Lead Team:
- Lead yourself to Jesus
- Oversee ministry budget
- Establish ministry rhythms, functions, publication of goals for overall ministry growth, review and reflection.
What does a successful outcome of this role look like at Citylight Church?
All families with children between birth - 5th who desire to put kids in CLK are able to and their kids are learning about the gospel every week. Lives are being changed and impacted from kids to volunteers and parents.
Hours and Pay
Hours: 20 hr/week
Pay: $15-$20/hr depending on experience
A full-time position would be considered if the candidate is willing to raise financial support.
There are no benefits for part-time staff.
- Other responsibilities as necessary that work toward the mission of Citylight Kids.
- Reports to one of the Lead Pastors