JOB OVERVIEW: The Light Co. Director will support Hill City Church’s objectives through the embodiment of the mission statement: Hill City Students love God, love others, and make disciples of Jesus Christ. This person will specifically focus on leading Hill City Youth by discipling students along with leading, caring for, and equipping adult leaders.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Establish a clear and compelling vision for our Hill City Youth ministry
- Empower Leaders and Students with that vision to reach as many students as possible with the gospel
- Create a teaching and worship culture that compels students to love and live for Christ
- Execute a high quality Wednesday Night gathering for the purpose of gathering non-believers and believers to hear the gospel and celebrate Jesus
- Organize small groups and lead a small group
- Plan high school and middle school specific events and trips that engage students and build deep relationships
- Building upon our church values- help high school and middle school students find their place in the church. Don’t let age be an excuse but call your students to set a pace in maturity, service, discipline, fun, and passion.
CREATE / DEVELOP:
- Build in-roads into area schools to not only better serve our current students but help reach students who aren’t a part of Hill City Youth Ministry
- Recruit, train, equip, and care for adult volunteers and student leaders.
- Strengthen parents for the task of discipling their teenagers.
- Work to engage parents in the Hill City Youth mission through clear communication, friendship and proper partnership in mission
- Every member of the Hill City staff team exists to make disciples who make disciples
- Invest in leaders who can become disciple-makers
- Additionally, you are a part of this team to be personally developed. As an emerging church leader, we want you to maximize opportunities to grow in Christlikeness.
- 2+ years experience leading/developing adult teams in similar ministry related responsibilities
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Track record of autonomous leadership with limited oversight (collaborative creativity is welcome)
- Success in managing a budget (outside of personal finances)
- Affinity for young people.