MERCY HILL STAFF FAMILY DISTINCTIVE VALUES:
WE OVER ME | Team Player, Assume the Best, Speak the Best, Team Win>My Win
ROUND & UNIFIED | Best Idea Wins, Passion & Honesty Matched with Respect, Unity in Decision
LEADER BUILDERS | Real Leadership and Real Responsibility: Equip, Empower, Develop, Shepherd
WORK HARD PLAY HARD | Devoted to The Work of God, Professional, Take Ourselves Lightly
FAITH-FILLED PIONEERS | Ambitious, Risk-taker, Flexible, Adaptable
MERCY HILL CHURCH STAFF CORE VALUES
Character, Competency, Capacity, Chemistry, and Convictions
As a staff team, we value accountability to these traits and expect each staff member, especially those in Senior Leadership, to demonstrate continual growth in all these areas.
Direct Supervisor: Ernie Bonnoitt, Lead Pastor of Mercy Hill Church
JOB SUMMARY: FAMILY MINISTRY, COMMUNITY MINISTRY, TEACHING & PREACHING, CONNECTION GROUPS, AND MEMBERSHIP
LEAD FAMILY MINISTRY
- Own the vision and responsibility for partnering in the discipleship of families in our church.
- Oversee ministries to children, upper elementary and youth students.
- Own our efforts to equip fathers and mothers at all stages of parenting.
LEAD COMMUNITY MINISTRY
- Oversee outreach to the city of Cincinnati through the mobilization of our members and connection groups.
- Create partnerships within the city with local ministries
TEACHING & PREACHING
- Contribute to the Teaching and preaching at Mercy Hill and Salt Company
- Preach around 40% of the time on Sunday Morning
- Preach at the request of the Salt Director
- Equipping - Teach an equipping class each semester. Classes may include but are not limited to: Gospel 101, Parenting, Marriage, and Spiritual Disciplines
- Teach in other environments as needed
- Working within the connection group team by providing teaching, shepherding, and equipping connection group leaders.
- Primary contexts for discipleship: Small Groups, Equipping context, Pastoral counseling, Church Socials and Community building events
- Help onboard new attendees to into connection groups
- Maintain pastoral care appointments for our members
- Work with the elders and directors to onboard new members and care for existing members.
Ultimately: You are responsible for the Community and Family Ministry of our church